free counters

Friday, August 20, 2010

Free Kayaking at Pier 40 in NYC - 08/15/2010

I went down to pier 40 in NYC to meet a group of people from the http://www.meetup.com/The-New-York-City-Free-Kayaking-Meetup-Group/calendar/13956218/

It turned out that the people kayaking were doing it for the first time so we didn't do a tour or anything. I helped out the leader by keeping people from going out into the river beyond the pier and also giving some basic lessons on how to hold a paddle and how to do a basic stroke. I managed to paddle about 6 mi just chasing people around and taking a short paddle down the river. The wave were 3 - 4 ft and I was alone so I decided to turn back after about a half mile.

We had a pot luck lunch at around 12:30 and we had some really great food that people had made for the lunch. All in all it was a good time.

Here are the pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment